As a mindset expert, top network marketing leaders and CEO’s of companies constantly seek me out to keep their mind sharp and to elevate the performance of their team. The fact is everyone gets stuck along the way and we can get complacent when we’re ahead. It’s easy to fall back into the negative default patterns and lose sight of the right mindset for success.
I have come to believe that there is NOTHING more important than having confidence and belief in yourself. It’s one thing to have confidence and belief in your product and company, it’s another thing to have complete confidence and unshakeable belief in your SELF – this article will help you do just that. People really do, above all else, buy you!
7 Steps to Building Confidence and Self-Belief
1. Have a Clear Vision. A vision is your mental picture of the life you want to lead. To achieve the highest levels of success, you have to create the highest vision you can dream and imprint it on your unconscious mind. The Bible says, “where there is no vision, the people perish.” Clarity is key here. Most of us don’t have what we want in our lives because we never really define precisely what that is. Start by writing down a detailed description of your vision and how you plan to achieve it. Setting a clear written vision deepens our focus, gives us direction, and makes it far more likely that we’ll actually live the life of our dreams rather than just drift along on whatever whim our circumstances present. NOTE: Make sure your vision excites you so much it gives you goose bumps just thinking about it.
2. Recall your greatest hits. Yes, whoever you are, you HAVE made a difference in the lives of multiple people and you have achieved great wins that you have forgotten. Keep a journal… Every night make it a ritual – ask yourself ‘what 5 things did I achieve today that moved my goals forward? What magic moments did I create?’ Write out your wins every night, record your victories – make this a habit and watch your confidence and belief levels soar to new heights.
3. Read the struggles of others and know that the most successful people in the world also faced great challenges and had valid reasons to NOT believe in themselves but somehow they got over it and did it anyway. We are all continually called to action, to be great, bold, courageous. You are fighting the same battle that each person fights, traveling the same journey as every human that ever lived. It is the struggle to become more than what we are. It is the quest to be all we can be.
4. Be more grateful. Gratitude is one of our most important positive emotions. Practicing the fine art of gratitude links directly to physical, mental and spiritual well-being. It’s in our best interests to practice gratitude because it makes us better people. When we consciously practice grateful living, happiness follows along with an increased ability to withstand negative emotions. An attitude of gratitude provides immunity to anger, envy, doubt, fear, resentment, and like other attitudes, gratitude can be cultivated. We don’t have to wait for someone to shower us with gifts before feeling thankful. We can begin to develop gratitude by reflecting on the gifts that are already ours. This reflection can be done for a minute, a day or throughout our entire lives.
5. Do What You Fear. Fear is the enemy of confidence and belief and it ruins more bright lives than you can imagine. Each of us, by virtue of our very human nature, has the potential to achieve great things and elevate everyone around us by our actions. But the chattering voice of fear in our heads stops us from playing big. Resolve to do what you fear most. By doing what we’re afraid to do because it’s beyond our comfort zone, we grow in confidence. All the highly successful people I know – feel fear – and have doubts about achieving big goals – but they learn how to push the fears and doubts aside for long enough for their goal to be imprinted. They’ve learned how to manage their emotions so they become more adept at feeling the fear of going ahead and doing it anyway.
6. Be Your Own Hero or Heroine. Build Your Self-Image. Take the time to write down exactly who you want to be. What traits do you want to have, what will people think of you, what will be at the core of your being? Decide who you want to become and start thinking, feeling and acting like that person right now. You will be amazed at how repeatedly imagining yourself as you ideally want to show up in life, will make you happier and more at peace with yourself in a matter of days. You will be surprised to find yourself acting with more confidence and belief spontaneously, without trying.
7. Take Action Now. One of the biggest things to knock your confidence is waiting for things to be perfect before taking action… then we end up not taking any action. It can often be a case of paralysis by analysis. Most people’s pattern is to shy away from the high leveraged activities that they know will move them forward. There comes a point where you stop analysing – you put down the books and the CDs – and you pick up the phone and make the connections, you grow your team, you generate momentum, you do whatever it takes to move forward. So, make a start, take some action! Actions speak louder than words! Be bold – as the famous saying goes…“boldness has genius power and magic in”. Then just take consistent action the next day and the next day and the next and so on… Now your re-patterning your brain, you are building new empowering habits. And new doors of opportunity will open for you!
Comment below if this blog helped you and feel free to share these tips with anyone you feel might gain benefit.
To Your Success,